GT Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and motivated graduate student assistant
Who is GT LEAD?
Georgia Tech’s Office of Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) gives participating students the opportunity to learn and practice effective leadership skills, develop multicultural appreciation, and gain support in their investigation of grand challenges. The LEAD Office offers a thoughtful and intentional series of academic, experiential, and co-curricular activities to help students prepare for leadership in a rapidly evolving global society.
LEAD programs, which include everything from one-on-one leadership coaching to living-learning communities, are designed to help students:
- Gain valuable insights into your leadership potential
- Learn and practice habits of highly effective teams
- Understand what it takes to create change and inspire others
- Chart a leadership development pathway to real results within Georgia Tech and beyond
We are growing and we need your help!
GT LEAD programs are continuously growing and we find ourselves in need of a graduate student to join our team.
What would you be working on?
The duties and responsibilities of the LEAD Graduate Student Assistant (with a focus on social media, campaign management, web design, and writing) are as follows:
- Re-design LEAD webpages with creative, innovative and engaging design elements and content
- Develop and create content for new and existing program opportunities including feature articles, event materials, campaigns and promotions
- Coordinate projects, interface with various GT constituents (students/faculty/staff/alumni), and measure and monitor effectiveness of program communications/campaigns
- Create a social media strategy that encourages the GT student community to interact on various leadership topics
- Create and schedule monthly social media calendars through our social media management platform
- Other duties as assigned
What is the time commitment and pay rate?
You will be expected to put in 10-15 hours per week and your pay rate will be $12 per hour to start.
What skills are we looking for?
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-versed in social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn
Start Date: March 2019
How do you apply?
If interested, please send a statement of interest, a copy of your resume/CV, design and writing sample to email@example.com by Friday, March 8th.