Leading Edge (One-on-One Leadership Coaching) is a leadership development experience for undergraduate and graduate students at Georgia Tech where participants work with a leadership coach to intentionally explore and grow their leadership skills. Leadership happens everywhere and one does not have to be in a leadership role to be a leader. Many successful organizations offer leadership coaching to their high-potential employees. It is a top tool for leadership development because it focuses leaders (like you), allowing them to achieve improved results while also allowing them to be more efficient in their work. Georgia Tech has invested in adapting the real-world practices and approaches of executive leadership coaching to meet the needs of Georgia Tech students while also preparing them for the leadership roles they will have at Tech and beyond.
How can GT students participate in Leading Edge?
GT students who are interested in participating in Leading Edge will need to complete an application. Apply now for 2018 Spring Semester.
Know a student that would benefit from leadership coaching? Refer a student and we will handle the rest.
Hopeful candidates must:
- Have a platform within or outside of Georgia Tech in which to implement their development plan
- Commit to meeting with their coach 5-6 times (1-hour sessions) over the course of the semester
- Be a student at Georgia Tech
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 and be in good academic standing
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate the desire to learn about and improve their leadership abilities
- Be willing to confront uncomfortable truths
- Persist in the face of uncertainty
- Be humble and authentic
Interested in Applying?
Know any students that could benefit from leadership coaching? Refer other students to the program